For the second year in a row, a Midlands delegation will be in attendance at this year’s global property conference MIPIM.
The event, which takes places in Cannes from March 13th – 16th, will see more than 70 public and private sector partners and 10 Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) areas come together to showcase nearly £10 billion of investment opportunities in the region.
Here are the 10 major projects we predict will be highlighted by the delegation:
- Infinity Park in Derby: a £200 million regeneration project with the potential to provide 5million square feet of business space and create up to 8,000 jobs.
- Friargate in Coventry: an ambitious £100 million new business destination consisting of new office space, hotels, homes, shops, restaurants and public space.
- Peddimore in Birmingham: at 71 hectares, this significant development will accommodate around 265,000 square metres of new industrial floor space and generate up to 10,000 skilled jobs.
- Black Country Garden City: dubbed Britain’s biggest ever garden city opportunity, this £6 billion brownfield regeneration project will generate 45,000 new homes over 10-years.
- Birmingham Smithfield: with an investment value of over £1 billion, the Smithfield masterplan will drive through the creation of 2,000 new homes, 300,000sq.m of commercial floor space and 3,000 new jobs.
- Ashton Green in Leicester: a high quality sustainable urban extension consisting of 3,000 new homes, 10 ha of employment land, a commercial village centre and 50 ha of green space.
- East Midlands Hub Growth Zone: a new Innovation Campus to accommodate businesses and universities’ research, with the capacity to create up to 10,000 high skilled jobs.
- UK Central Hub in Solihull: located in the heart of the UK’s transport network, this £2 billion development zone will generate up to 77,500 jobs, 775,000sq.m of commercial space and 4,000 homes.
- The Boots Island site in Nottingham: an exciting £500m major redevelopment scheme that will create new homes, offices and leisure facilities over the next 10-years.
- Langley SUE in Birmingham: a high quality sustainable urban extension of 6,000 homes, education facilities and public open space.
Dedicated Preconstruction Service
As with all the aforementioned projects, one of the biggest challenges construction companies will be faced with is overcoming budget pressures from a rise in material, disposal and labour costs. Keeping finances under control will be essential in guaranteeing projects are delivered within budget.
Through early contractor involvement (ECI), our dedicated pre-construction team will work with you to evaluate the design, identify and eliminate any undue risks: establishing the most ‘economically efficient’ programme that reduces costs and saves time.
By engaging with us right at the start, we can offer advice and guidance on areas, including:
- Cost planning, ranging from initial prefeasibility to financial budgets.
- Identifying value engineering opportunities.
- Formation of detailed programmes, risk assessments, method statements and traffic management.
- Project planning and logistics.
- 3D ground modelling design capability.
- Risk management, review and alleviation.
- Preparation of remediation strategies.
Our highly skilled and experienced team, backed up by our partnership with consulting civil engineers, Mucklow & Harris, means you can be sure our commercial and technical advice will deliver the best possible solution and the best possible price.
So, if you are about to start a project and would like to work with an experienced civil engineering and groundworks specialist, complete the form below and send us your details or call us on 0121 554 2108 to talk with one of our experts.